Thursday, February 4, 2010

{ The Cottage }

I thought it about time that I posted some photos of the cottage in all it's new, freshly painted glory, seeing as though it's February and I think the painters left in September! You can view photos of the blue cottage before the paint job here, and works in progress here.


This is a view from the driveway. You can see our big rolling front lawn, the deck (which is almost as big as the INSIDE of the house) and Mr M's woodshed he built all by himself! The French doors on the left open to our bedroom, the ones on the right to the living area. The barge boards on the left of the deck hide the sunken spa.


This is the lawn area where I do most of the playing with our dogs: Tessa, Buddy, Lily, Pippa and at the moment Roxy (our friends dog we're looking after, who is Pippa's mum). You can see the driveway, a glimpse of the dam we overlook, the back porch, my garden edging around my herb garden and our very 1960's brick chimney!


This is the east facing wall - like the lovely cracked concrete?! As we don't own the cottage, jobs like this I am not making my problem! Here you can see more of the dam, the stairs on the other side of the deck, Mr M's office window and the spare bedroom/my craft studio's window.


Overlooking the dam and out the driveway - which is 4km's long. I like to put Archie in this front paddock but it's not very good pasture for him, he big fatty that he is, but it's nice having him at the front fence to talk to when we have an evening beer or morning cuppa on the deck.


More concrete, ugh. This is the rear of the cottage, which is where our 'front' door is at the back porch. Here you can see Mr M's office windows and the laundry windows. As well as a collection of my pots and looking down towards the bush that runs down to the river.


 This is a wider view where you can see the hills in the background, on the other side of that ridge is Melbourne, to the right of the picture is Kinglake and to the left is the Murrindindi valley and over to Marysville. That's all for now from the cottage @ Ythanbrae, come back and visit soon...

{ Images by Little Miss Emma }

7 comments:

Tina said...

WOW Emma! Your home is beautiful and that view is to die for!!! Very Country Style and oh so gorgeous! How lucky you are :) - Tina x

A Southern Rose said...

It turned out beautiful! I love the color! The view is amazing too!

Emma said...

@Tina: It is my life's purpose to be featured in Country Style when I have my much anticipated 'dream house' lol We are very lucky though yes, I need people to remind me though because we take it for granted. When we first moved here we thought we'd stepped into paradise, and indeed we had, we just need to be told more!
@Lee: Thank-you, our landlord was kind enough to let me choose the colours (within reason...) and the main homestead on Ythanbrae is a mudbrick home with the Woodland Grey accent, so we tried to make the cottage match. I originally dreamt of white with creamy accents but it would have cost a fortune in paint to cover the blue!

Tina said...

Oh Emma we sound so similar, I would love to have even just a tiny little corner of a weatherboard in Country Style mag :) I can't wait to see your future dream home featured as I am sure it will be front cover material - Tina x

Pineapple Villa said...

Hi Emma, i've just found your blog from over at Tina's (comment above mine here). Looking forward to catching up on all your blog news from now on. The cottage is lovely, just lovely and no annoying neighbours! Mel xx

Courtney said...

What an amazing view! That looks like such a pleasant little nook of the world. Your cottage is so charming.

Amanda said...

Discovered your gorgeous blog via Tina at Rubie's Place and will definitely be visiting you again. Your cottage and the surrounding area looks so lovely.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails