Tuesday, December 22, 2009

{ Making a List...Checking it Twice! }

Here's my family's Christmas gifts for 2009 which I have either sourced locally, made myself or bought from etsy. Mr M's family don't really do Christmas presents, so I just got his parents something small and their KK is a $10 round-robin type setup with everyone contributing 3 gifts each, then you can swap or steal off other people. It's lots of fun. Here is a selection of the gifts under my Christmas tree this year...



Mum: a voucher from AK Style from all of her adoring children and their spouses - for a confidance boost for a fabulous woman in her fifties embarking on new journeys! She doesn't know how fabulous she is - she needs to know.

Dad: bottles of Shiraz and Merlot from the vineyard at Larnoo (the other farm Mr M works on, Larnoo leases Ythanbrae), selection of local produce from the Murrindindi area - chilli cheese, lemon and garlic olives. Mmmmm when I think of olives, wine and cheese I think of my Dad!

KK: Originally I got Mr M as my KK for my family! Then there was a re-draw because my brother drew himself, then I swapped with my sister-in-law and got my brother-in-law. Mr M let slip that he had my sister {terrible liar}, he had no idea what to get her so I swapped with him. Confused yet? I got my sister a maxi-dress which I am secretly in love with, wish I had taken a photo of it before I wrapped it up...

Mr M's mum: a totally groovy metal pail {pictured above} to take her kitchen scraps out to her chooks. She bought me one for my birthday last year and has been jealous of it ever since.

Mr M's dad: a vitamin C mug. Random but funny. When I used to stay at Mr M's when we went to school together {yes we have been together forever and a day} he would not let me leave the house to catch the school bus until I had taken my vitamin C! He is Dutch and lived through WWII as a small child - he remembers getting ulcers from lack of fresh vegetables and is now obsessed with getting all your vitamins and minerals. Very much like the Dad out of Big Fat Greek Wedding with Windex, if I have a chipped nail he will tell me to take a vitamin C.

Nan: local handmade avocado soaps and beautiful linen teatowels {that I want for myself!}from Blackthorn Textiles, a local shop that I want to do a feature on in 2010 - stay tuned.

Chloe and Charlie: hairclips, doona covers and felt princess finger puppets in castle shaped puppet theatre.

Scarlett and Ava: hairclips, doona covers and felt princess shapes on felt mat I made, rolled up and pictured above.

Laura and Ethan: hairclips for Laura, doona covers, save the earth bags I made {a pink one for Laura, pictured above, and a brown one for Ethan}and felt farm shapes on felt mat I made, rolled up and pictured above.

Mr M: leather Birkenstocks - summer shoes he can get into a pub in, a jigsaw {power tool, not a puzzle...} and the truth.be.told print I wanted to get him for our bedroom, framed in Ikea white ribba frame I already had. He wants to put a photo of us on his side of the bed but I hate all the photos he likes! Perfect solution.

Mr M's family KK: potted herbs wrapped in burlap and Larnoo wine.

That is all for my gift giving...now I wonder what I will be receiving...

1 comment:

beachvintage.com said...

Looks like you are all organised. Our family only do a secret Santa, so we to dont really shower each other with gifts, which is just the way I like it. Thanks for all your lovely comments in 2009.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails