Tuesday, December 22, 2009

{ Christmas at the Cottage - Part Deux }

This is my Christmas tree this year. Seeing as though the cottage is so teeny-tiny we don't really have any space for an actual real tree - so I gathered some branches from the bush down near the river that runs alongside the cottage, spray painted them white, arranged them in a vase and adorned them with some of my white and silver ornaments.




I love having a white Christmas theme as my base - if I get sick of it it it's easy to change. Last year I had a lot more silver going on, this year I have the same white wrapping with a dash of bright green ribbon. Despite being on the strict spending ban, I couldn't resist these tealight holders I saw in Spotlight for $8. They were perfect for my white, silver and green theme, and spelt out 'Peace'. How could I resist?




Three little presents all pretty in a row. These are for my nieces Chloe and Charlotte (Charlie), Scarlett and Ava and Mr M's niece Laura - the cutest Disney princess hairclips from Little Loulees. The gift tags are made with my craft punch that I use for my Little Miss Emma tags as well.



And have you noticed my dresser? Oh my pretty dresser. A very impulsive buy on ebay for $90. Queen Anne style dressers are just one of those items I always search on ebay, thinking if the right one came up I will one day buy it. Well, this one was in Yarra Glen (about half an hour drive from Ythanbrae) which is brilliant, usually furniture on ebay I would have to go to Melbourne to collect. It won't fit in our bedroom though so I have it out in the dining area, great to have another surface to collect things on! The little drawers are handy for things like napkins, tablecloths and serving ware too. Plus it is the beautiful shape I was looking for with the cabriole legs and the curved centre drawer. Ahhh dresser I love you so.

And that is Christmas 2009 at the cottage. Have you been naughty or nice this year? ;)

{ All images by Little Miss Emma }

5 comments:

74 Lime Lane said...

This is just divine. My scheme this year is blue, green and silver and I used the lit twig branches I bought from Freedom during the year as a "tree". Our presents are wrapped in newspaper and tied with blue or green ribbon. Favourite colours.
I might have to pop into the local spotlight though to see if they have those candles!

Emma said...

Presents wrapped in newspaper sounds really cute. I love my twiggy tree - great alternative to the traditional tree which is a bit 'wintery' in Australia sometimes.

 Viv said...

I wish I had seen this post earlier. I just love your christmas tree! And that is a very nice dresser. Go you! Great find.

 Viv said...

Oh Emma, I also wanted to say I really really really like your blog layout. So pretty in pink.

Emma said...

Thanks Viv! After your makeover I was inspired for a change but maybe not...I like the pink. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

The Christmas tree went for a tumble while we were away for Christmas - I came home to it on the ground but miraculously the vase and all but one of my glass ornaments are intact! (Including the ultra-delicate glass balls!) Alas my peace candle holders are a man down - it now says 'PACE' hahaha

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails