Monday, November 7, 2011

point + shoot: the pretty house

I have been stalking a pretty house - in real life driving past and on the Facebook page checking out photos of the interior. It is a display called 'The Laila' for Smart Homes Victoria and is literally 200m from my best friend's house in Drouin. So of course I snooped around with iPhone in hand to share some photos with you all. 

See, isn't she pretty? There's Elisha heading inside...


So whilst the boys got building a deck, we got shopping for a new house. Of course we weren't legitimate potential buyers...Elisha and her husband have just built in the same estate and Mr M and I at this rate will never be building our own home as we will most likely always be managing other peoples land and living in other people's homes on farm. Sigh. But it's nice to look at things if we did ever have the chance to build.


The Laila design has a central wide hallway which I loved, with a master bedroom at the front with a walk through wardrobe to ensuite (which I also loved). Across the hall is a little lounge room which we were thinking would either be a great parents retreat sitting room with no TV or a kids playroom to throw all the toys! There's a study with French doors into the hallway, a functional laundry, a family bathroom with white subway tiles and a claw foot slipper bath (yes!), two good sized bedrooms further down the hall and then eventually opens out onto the open plan kitchen/living/dining. 




The main living area is a great space, I was thinking it was going to look much smaller in real life but in reality we decided we could definitely move straight in with no complaints! The big farmhouse kitchen sink had me, as did the big gas stove and traditional surround. I also loved the soft muted dove grey paint colour throughout the house. Not unlike what Josh and Jenna used on The Block.



Of course, there were lots of things we thought we would change - "I would've moved the shower over three inches for easier cleaning" or "I'm not sold on a kitchen sink in the island bench". That sort of thing. But if it were your own home build I'm sure you would figure all those things out. 



The way Laila is designed  I think she would make a beautiful and functional family home. As we were leaving (and checking out the gorgeous wrap around veranda, dry creek bed front garden and cute garage) I looked back and noticed the little windows in the roofline which I liked so much - but where in the house are they? We went back in and realised they weren't windows into the house anywhere, they must just be into the roof space - which had my head filled with ideas of an attic sewing room...one day?

Images by Emma Durkin for Cinderella at Brindabella

P.S. Playing along with Lou over at sunny + scout to share photos of your weekend :)

9 comments:

Amy said...

what a sweet lil' place.

keep the dream alive, dear!

xx

Where My Heart Is said...

I can see why you have been stalking this house! It really is lovely.

A Farmer's Wife said...

It's gorgeous Emma! I love the whole thing - I adore pretty slightly Nanna-ish houses. My house is a tiny bit similar to look at but different design inside.

I am doing a tiny bit of blogging at present but only a little bit. It is still lovely to pop by your blog though.

xx

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous house! x

Colours of Sunset said...

oh goodness. looks like a dream home!

Han & Moo said...

I think I am in love. May the boys continue harvesting 25 bags a hectare with the wheat!!!!!

Leah Grace said...

Its lovely! Thanks for sharing the pics. Keep dreaming about your farmhouse - it will happen for real one day!!

White Verandah said...

Oh - thanks for sharing...I have driven past so many times and havn't stopped but i will now!! Gorgeous!!

hope in high heels said...

Oh my gosh - it's beautiful! It's the embodiment of every dream I've ever had about running away to live in the country and write novels...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails