Tuesday, November 8, 2011

the big sell

Well, well, well, well...we meet again boxes and packing tape! Yep, I've started packing up the house, little by little sorting and storing our lives into boxes. Sigh! And along with sorting and organising comes de-cluttering, already I have done two runs to the local charity shop laden with bags and boxes. 



My sewing room usually looks like a bomb has hit it, but I've tidied it up enough to realise I have way. too. much. fabric! So to Craftumi I went and listed some bits and bobs, if you are interested pop over to check it out. I have my minky for sale (in hot pink, lime green, red and black) which I have loads of yards of on bolts. This minky I buy from a U.S. wholesaler and isn't available in Australia (Spotlight and Lincraft have started selling minky dot in pastel colours, not these colours though). 


 

I am also over on eBay selling my soul our stuff. Go there for a bargain too ;) 

I am slowly but surely adding items as I find things in random cupboards and under beds. Stay tuned on both my Craftumi and eBay accounts as I still have lots of crafty items like flowers, buttons, beads, more fabric to list, as well as some things Mr M wants to sell on eBay (LED camping lights anyone? UHF radios?) and I have an (expensive!) Big by Fiona Scanlon girls tutu skirt bought from David Jones and missing a receipt to return! To eBay it shall go.

Right, back to the packing tape and newspaper...

2 comments:

Sophie said...

Just caught up on all the hot gossip Emma....good luck with the move wherever it may take you! I can empathise on the "family/farm/business" side of things. We have fortunately just taken over my husband's family farm but for the past five years have been wondering, waiting, speculating and coming up with back-up plans! Home is definitely where the heart is and no picket fence will fix the problems! Good luck you brave souls!

Emma said...

Thanks Sophie! Yes family farming business is icky/sticky/frustrating business, but rewarding in some instances. So many dynamics, so many things have to line up juuuust perfectly. Thankfully it has become quite apparent we have made exactly the right decision - no regrets! On the farmhouse here I have recently had put on my dream back door, not a big deal for some, but it's The Door which I have always wanted, and boy it looks good. It has become our motto though that 'we can't stay, no matter how good the back door looks!' hahaha so true that picket fences don't equal happiness. Hope you are well with your new bubba!!! xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails