Monday, October 24, 2011

point + shoot: return to ythanbrae


This past weekend we travelled back to our old stomping ground in the beautiful Murrindindi valley. It was oh so bittersweet - I actually got excited going to the crappy overpriced little supermarket I used to loathe and Mr M thought I was a total freak (not unjustified). But here in overpopulated Gippsland I never run into anyone I know in the supermarket, I used to spend at least three times longer than needed as I'd run into old Mrs whats-her-name in aisle five in Yea and chinwag about last week's cattle prices. 

We stayed with dear friends in their amazing home, who I used to nanny for and Mr M bred some (pretty awesome if I do say so myself) embryo transfer calves for. The weekend was full of great friends, great local wine, great memories, great organic meals, great house which I secretly want to move in to. A new pony for the boys, who had both grown a foot! Some silage bale jumping in the sunshine, admiring new art purchases and some beautiful looking heifers at Ythanbrae.

Enough words...as always pictures say more.








How was your weekend? Playing along with Lou's point + shoot.

Images by Emma Durkin for Cinderella at Brindabella

9 comments:

HappeningsOfUs said...

Looks like a gorgeous place.

Unknown said...

Awesome photos!
Looks like an amazing weekend was had. x

lisa mae said...

loved looking through these shots thanks for sharing lisa

Lou said...

Noice! I'd love to venture up that way someday :)
Oh, and that HOUSE looks ah--mazing!

Emma said...

@Lou: Yes tis rather - our friends Tom and Liv's beautiful rammed earth home....le sigh! Great family home with central wall/chimney made from stone quarried on farm and awesome functional kitchen/big island/massive walk in pantry. I used to spend my days here baking with Monty, can't say I miss making a mess in such a kitchen ;)

CountryMouse said...

wow so green ... looks like a beautiful area.

Sally @ Us+House=Home said...

Wow, what a beautiful property. *Sigh* - if only!!

White Verandah said...

Looks stunning Emma and gorgeous piccies! Thanks for the feedback on the fencing dilemma - old post but much valued feedback as I still havn't made a decision - cant rush these things!!

Katrina said...

Absolutely stunning. The photos are amazing! Glad you had a great weekend x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails