Friday, May 14, 2010

{ Bloggers Stripped Bare }

Today is Bloggers Without Make-up Day. I wasn't aware. But now I am, thanks to Chantelle, Lou and Jodie, the blogger that started it all.


Lots of different people blog for lots of different reasons. I started blogging to promote my new and growing business. Here though I share lots of little things about my life, my home, my photography. This blog is definitely not all minky blankets and peg boards. I like to share things that inspire me, things that I think should be heard or quite possibly things that nobody gives a hoot about!

As much as blogland is a real community that has somewhat taken on a life of its own that nobody can quite control or pinpoint, I think sometimes there is a lot of pressure to 'blog well'. Reading different blogs you can get the sense that you don't measure up, these lives, these homes, these families are so perfect. It's horrible but it's true. Blogging to me is about sharing and writing, if people want to read and view that's great, if not that's okay too. And I'm pretty sure people wouldn't want to hear about how hideous your life is, so a lot of very successful blogs are full of self promotion of their fabulousness. Fair enough.

This 'movement' of sorts, Bloggers Without Make-up Day, celebrates the everyday ordinariness of the faces behind the blogs we read religiously. Maybe you'll see peoples lives differently, they aren't always perfect, their lives aren't always idyllic and sometimes it just doesn't all smell of roses.

Reality. Smacking you in the face. Take it or leave it.

Have a lovely weekend, what are you up to? I have absolutely nothing planned!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is my first visit to your blog and it is so pretty! How have we not "met" before? Like your photo because it isn't just about your face but your passion as well. And we both have lovely glasses as well ;)

Sass said...

Love it!
I LOVE your blog.
Expect me to stalk you on here from now on.
In a good stalker way...not a weird way...because thats weird.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Sass

Mummahh said...

Love ur pic x

Tamsyn said...

This is my first time here too and I love it! Gorgeous blog and a beautiful photo too.

The Wandering Woman said...

Love it! I appreciate the slightly unmade bed in the background too. Time for Bloggers Stripped Bare on my blog today. Great idea! Cathy

melissa said...

Ditto to all of the comment above!

Fiona said...

It's an important lesson in life, to accept who you are. Sometimes I wonder how my mind works, and there's still so much learning to do. The best thing to do is be myself - after all, I'm a good person, quirks and all. :) Love this idea Emma - thanks for sharing!

Megan Blandford said...

Fantastic photo - you look great. And your words really sum it all up. xx

Kelly said...

you look gorgeous... loving the framing of your photo

tiff(threeringcircus) said...

Beautiful words and a beautiful you to match.

Anonymous said...

Great post Emma.. I struggle with silly insecurities all the time, always worried I am not able to measure up. It's hard to post chirpy stuff all the time, as I certainly don't always feel chirpy!
You are so talented, and I am so glad I found your blog, so thanks for sharing 'you'!
:) Flick

Lou said...

Love your photo-and your blog for that matter! I completely agree with what you said too. Couldn't have said it better!

xxLou

Abby said...

Thanks for the tip-off! Love your pic!!!

Naomi said...

Your words sum it all up so well, and your photo is great.

Veggie Mama said...

Little Miss Gorgeous x

Beth said...

Love reading your posts Emma, always very inspiring. Great pic and thanks for the idea - have linked back to your post too :)

Jodie Ansted said...

My God. I love your pic. I love this post. And I LOVE your blog!

Thanks so much for taking part.

xxx

Cerry said...

You're absolutely gorgeous. Love the pic.

Kellie Collis said...

Well done! You look fabulous! xxx

belinda said...

gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails