Monday, May 17, 2010

{ Point + Shoot }

 
Morning! How was the weekend? I said I had absolutely nothing planned but they always seem to fill up quite nicely. On Saturday Mr M and I set about getting some firewood as we are approaching winter and I am known for absolutely churning through our wood stash (I get cold, okay?) Off we went in the morning fog with the trailer plus the four dogs over to the back of Ythanbrae, to a newly acquired hundred acres so a part of the farm I'd never been before. A fair bit of scrub there so huge mobs of kangaroos that Buddy tries to chase unsuccessfully. The dead tree we had our sights set on turned out to be VERY hard wood to split, so we spent the majority of the day there overlooking the Murrindindi valley. We had morning tea that I'd packed and listened to the footy on the radio in between having to crack out the stock whip to wrangle our exuberant Kelpie 'pup' Pippa back into line after chasing a nearby mob of cattle (Pip is now nearly 2 but still quite 'pup like', especially when it comes to stock handling). The above photo I snapped of Mr M as he was taking a break from splitting wood.

 
This second photo is of another weekend I was meaning to post for a Monday Point and Shoot, but never did. A few weeks ago we went for a drive over into the Murrindindi bush which was totally burnt out on Black Saturday. Unfortunately this was the first time we had ever explored this area. Isn't that always the way - you never see things in your own backyard! It was heartening to see a lot of re-growth and some little critters returning to the area though, as well as tourists which are vital for little businesses in towns like Kinglake and Marysville.

To see other people's point and shoot entries from their weekends head over to fat mum slim. I was absolutely blown away with the response from Friday's Bloggers Stripped Bare post - such positivity and a few more followers which has pushed Little Miss Emma over the 100 mark. Welcome to the new people and thank-you for your kind words :)

{ Images by Little Miss Emma }

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Emma, going wood chopping is one of my favorite things to do in Autumn, but I don't have a wood fire at the moment, so I only get to when we go camping!
Congrats on your 100 followers, I'm sure it will be 1000 before you know it. I really enjoy reading your Blog, as does everyone else obviously!
:) Flick

Chantelle {fat mum slim} said...

Wow. I am in love with that second shot. It's saddening and beautiful in the same breathe. x

Rhi @ Hummingbird's Song said...

Beautiful photos, especially the second one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails