Tuesday, March 16, 2010

{ Things Made }

On my oh so productive weekend I got to work on a birthday present for my friend's little girl who turns one this week. My friend has pushed me so much  to go forward with Little Miss Emma so when I asked her what Little Miss Saskia wanted for her birthday she said any Little Miss Emma creation would fit the bill!


So the result was this (reasonably easy to make) reversible skirt, I sort of made the pattern up as I went. I wanted to do belt loops and a belt but thought it might be too fiddly for dressing a one year old (I'm not sure, I'm not a mother but I try to make things easier for mums!) My friend hates dressing her little girls head to toe in pink so I opted for reds and yellows. The binding hem fabric actually once belonged to my friend, she was having a fabric clean-out and I snapped it up - I am such an Indian giver!


When Little Miss Saskia was born I made her a (again red!) spotty peg board - see it here.

Now I am off to post this package and some canvas blocks and a few blankets...have a lovely day in this sunshine! I'm trying to soak it up while it lasts!

{ Images by Little Miss Emma }

3 comments:

The Catnap Cottage said...

How adorable!!!

Amanda said...

How lovely Emma - a gorgeous gift. I love the fabrics you've used and the style is so nice :)

Tina said...

Gorgeous little skirt Emma, I am surde the little birthday girl will love it! Loving your new header too:) Hope you have a wonderful week ~ Tina xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails