Monday, March 15, 2010

{ My Glorious Weekend }

Happy Monday! How was your weekend? Mine was so incredibly productive. I made it one of those weekends that I ban the internet, hide the darn USB thingy on myself and refuse to turn the computer on (unless to source a recipe...)

And so Mr M and I 'Spring' cleaned the cottage, even though it is Autumn. I did so many things and today feel so much better about myself, my surroundings, my space. 

I now have a very organised filing system. I have a lot less clutter with boxes full of 'stuff' headed for the charity bin.

I baked a carrot and walnut cake with yummy cream cheese icing.

I took photos, wrote descriptions and added new canvas's to my etsy shop.

I helped Mr M cut and stack firewood, readying ourselves for the cold Murrindindi winter that will descend upon us soon.

I boxed up a lot of childhood 'things' that I cleaned out of my mum's - primary school projects, netball skirt patches, tennis trophies, piano awards, history essays, stuffed toys, 'Easter blessings' cards from my late grandmother. 

I went to the monthly CFA breakfast at our local brigade Mr M is a member of and chatted with the local ladies. 



And I made a few blankets for orders as well as these canvas blocks for a new little boy into the world, Harvey.

How did you spend your weekend? Was it overly productive, busy, lazy, stressful, blissful?

{ Image by Little Miss Emma }

3 comments:

Tina said...

Oh I love these canvas blocks, they are so gorgeous Emma! Loving the colours. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. Hope this week is just as lovely for you ~ Tina xx

Amanda said...

Sounds like you had a very productive weekend Emma - must feel lovely to have decluttered and organised things in your 'autumn clean-up' - I desperately need to do the same thing!! How's your new sewing machine going?

My Owl Barn said...

Kudos for banning the internet! Those blocks are so sweet!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails