Friday, January 8, 2010

{ Cushion Love }

With new couches comes new cushions. Here is a round-up of my favourites I found on etsy...





It started with my hessian obsession, and has now turned to all things linen and ticking. I love grain sack pillows, and it seems so does the rest of the world! I settled on a linen, blue and red theme for my cushions. It's classic and can easily be changed, as well as fitting in with my Australian country/French provincial style.

Track and Field Designs has been seen around a bit in blogland - I love the design with the white doily for contrast but the aqua colour of the owl didn't fit, I like the deer cushion they do also but Mr. M likes to shoot deer so don't think poor Mr Bambi would feel safe on our couch. The corsage pillow from The Shabby Nest I like a lot because it has a textural element to it - ruffles are great, and this isn't too feminine. The red ticking cushion from Be Stills Shop is Australian! I get so excited to see an Australian etsian, but I have had my eye on almost an identical cushion in a shop in Yea, and I also like to support small country-town businesswomen.



I especially love The Shabby Nest's blue ticking cushion with rosettes, a great size to change things up a bit - I can very much see this sitting alongside a more simple linen square cushion. Milk and Cookies Canada has an amazing selection of cushion covers - this one I just like, not so much for the lounge room as I don't want it to be too feminine. Utilitarian Franchise have great designs - this moth I thought would add a bit more interest to the plain linen, and I am loving natural history/botany motifs at the moment.  Helkat Design's doily heart because I loved Track and Field Design's so much, but it seems like a bedroom piece rather than communal living space.

And which ones did I choose? Well silly, you will just have to wait until I get them in the mail!
;)

4 comments:

The Catnap Cottage said...

Lovely post! Love your blog and your penchant for proper grammar! Farther and further always get me - now I am digressing! I will not spoil your surprise, but I shipped it yesterday! I will stay tuned! ♥♥♥

Emma said...

Oooo thank-you, I am eagerly anticipating! (Just between you and me yours is the one I am MOST eagerly anticipating....hehe)

Wendy said...

Thanks so much for the shout out! I will let you know as soon as I figure out the shipping on the two cushions (sorry for the delay, but I just moved and am getting settled in to our new home and surroundings, so I'm not as "on the ball" as I usually am.)
xoxo
Wendy

Sarah said...

Thanks so much for the coverage Emma! I really appreciate the support. Great blog! I'll check back soon. Hope you're managing to stay cool somehow.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails