Tuesday, July 21, 2009

{ Hessian Obsession }

Perhaps a throw back to my potato farming roots (I grew up on a potato farm) but I am having a bit of an afinity with all things hessian or burlap of late. I really want to get one of these gorgeous burlap French-inspired cushions when we - eventually - get a new couch. And how cute are the hessian cuffs? I love the combination of something so rustic with the elegant pearls - a great marriage.

A lot of the grain, coffee, peanut or potato sack creations on etsy that are made into bags, cushions, placemats or table runners are vintage American though. I would love to get a retro Australian burlap to make something, but need it to be not too harsh or bristly as I know modern-day hessian bags are. Something worn, softer, thinner and lighter would be great, if only I could find it...
And the bunting, from coastline. Who doesn't love bunting - let alone when it's this pretty? Lovely.

Top photo via Heather Bullard for Rose Carey

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails