Saturday, January 30, 2010

{ Bedroom Plans }

My musings on the master bedroom here at the cottage...



We have dark wood furniture with freshly painted, splendidly white walls in the master bedroom so I have decided to go with a neutral colour scheme. I originally had my heart set on a white/chocolate brown/duck egg blue scheme, due to our white and blue Ikea doona cover but I wanted to keep it nice and simple and classic.

Floorboards: existing, and throughout the whole cottage (minus the laundry and bathroom).

Wallpaper: from Wallpaper Brokers, I used this on the door panels of my freestanding wardrobe I restored. It was in the cottage when we moved in, with half sanded/chipped blue paint, no handles and a broken mirror in the door. I will blog one day about it!

Basket trunk: from Ikea, to sit on top of the wardrobe - I am starting to think vertically for storage!

Print: from The Love Shop, a fabulous quote from the one and only Mr Darcy. Great print for a bedroom.

Chair: this was my grandmother's chair which I saved when my crazy mother was throwing it out! I love its shape, it's great to curl up in and read a book. It is sitting in our living area at the moment but I want to have a chair in the bedroom. The plan was to have it recovered in a white linen but the budget might prevent that from happening for awhile...

Lighting: this is the light I won from Buyster! Yay! We put it up this week but the cord is way too long and Mr M has strategically weaved it through and around the inside of the shade...and 'secured' with sticky tape...hmm. Any tips on shortening super long lighting cords???!

Driftwood heart: from Sand Treasures, keeping with the natural theme, and a possible Valentines Day present for Mr M???

Bedding: from Freedom, simple and neutral. 

{ Image by Little Miss Emma }

3 comments:

Bonnie- amour amour said...

I absolutely love the inspiration board! SO gorgeous.
I was reading Country Living today and thought of you. I had farm envy for a while, imaging cute black faced sheep etc.

Emma said...

Ha! Well we only have a handfull of lambs we use to train Mr M's kelpie pup Pippa on, I'm sorry to say they are not black faced nor can I find them cute because they end up in my freezer! Plenty of cattle, chooks and my horse Archie though. Love Country Living - although I wish they did features on farming families rather than tree changing hobby farmers.

material girl said...

love this, mmm Mr Darcy!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails