Wednesday, December 9, 2009

{ Christmas Pudding }

I am starting to compile my shopping list for my Christmas party I am having this Saturday. To keep it simple for me to organise, and keep costs down, I have asked a few people to bring some meat to throw on the barbie, if they offered to bring something. A few of my girlfriends are making some salads also. {Stephanie's spinach, pinenut, cherry tomato creation sounds yummo!}As a potato farmer's daughter though I still insist on making the potato salad with baby chats, peppercorns, lots of wholegrain mustard and generous strips of prosciutto.

So, that leaves me to do the little details that I love to do anyway.
This is what I have in mind:

- Christmas star shortbread cookies {I make them every year, with little silver cachous on the points}

- grapefruit, champagne and vodka punch {lucky we live in the middle of nowhere so everyone is staying the night! }

- antipasto platters of olives, stuffed capsicums, Hungarian salami, anything else that takes my fancy at the deli?

- homemade hommus and gaucamole {my mum's top secret recipe}

- spinach, ricotta and red capsicum tartlets {green and red theme! I got the cutest muffin wrappers I'm going to put these in too, from Paper Eskimo}

- white chocolate and macadamia muffins {another one of my mum's secret recipes, also going in the cute muffin wrappers, something sweet, something savoury}

I am terribly anal about organsing dinner parties and such things so have got a million lists going. I make lists for food to buy, food to make, and even what food will go in what bowl/on what platter. I know. Weird.

And for my piece de resistance I am {attempting} to make this:


It is a Donna Hay recipe - I will tell you how I go...it could be a disaster but I think I'm up for the challenge! Better get that apron on!

{ Image from here }

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails