Thursday, December 10, 2009

{ Breaking News }

After weeks of consideration and a lot of discussion with a lot of very supportive family and friends - I have resigned from my day job.



I have never talked about my job {for obvious reasons} on here, but now that I am leaving I guess it is safe to say I have been a customers service officer with Elders Rural Services for the past two years. At times on my blog I have referred to it as my 'dreaded day job' - but I have loved {almost!} every minute of working at the Elders Yea branch. My job is so varied, from day to day banking and accounting, to monthly cattle sales and stud stock bull sales and processing genetics sales.

I am the only female in the workplace which at times can be interesting, but the boys I work with are amazing and have each taught me a lot in their own ways. The thing I will miss most is the people - both the staff and our clients I deal with on a day to day basis. I cannot express enough how valuable working in a place such as a stock and station agent in a small country town has helped made our move to Yea so welcoming. Because of my job at Elders I know everyone in town, who's related to who, who owns what farm, who lives where etc. All very important info in a close knit community! I followed Mr M to Yea not knowing anyone, not knowing what I wanted to do with my life and somehow landed on my feet - most of that is due to my job at Elders and the support I have had in my position.


And so now begins a new journey for me. I am beyond excited, but also very scared about doing photography full-time, as well as growing Little Miss Emma in 2010. The stability of my job is comforting, but I also know that I need to break free and stretch my wings - to see what I am truly capable of.

My eldest sister has been invaluable to me in making this decision. I treasure every word of encouragement and advice from my protective big sister. We owe a lot to our dad who instilled in us a great sense of entrepreneurship and a strong sense of needing to be our own bosses and forge our own way in the world. We have always been told that the world is harsh but fair - you can't ask for much more than that, but you are the maker of your own destiny.


2010 will no doubt bring a lot of new challenges, a new lifestyle as I work from home and I'm sure a huge list of New Year's resolutions! But I can't wait to jump in feet first, eyes wide open and see where I land this time...

{ Image 1. Found here, Image 2. Found here, Image 3. Found here }

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats hun! Great news :)

Tiny Concept said...

Congratulations - Wow, it takes a lot of courage to do what you have done and I wish you all the success and happiness with your 'new' future. I look forward to following your achievements expect to hear big and wonderful plans!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails