Tuesday, October 11, 2011

a pretty little violet

This morning my family welcomed another little beauty into our world - baby Violet Creina Gabby (late name change!) joined us with a mop of dark hair and alert clear eyes. A third daughter for my sister and her husband.




Last week, before my mum headed up to Brisbane to look after big sisters Scarlett and Ava, I made this unisex blanket for the impending bambino. Red minky was called for, along with a grey and white polka dot print. I wrapped it up pretty and sent it off with one excited Grandma-to-be-(again).


Welcome sweet Violet - we just know that you're going to be totally rad, just like your Mum and Dad xxx
Love you, Aunty Em + Uncle Matt 

Images by Emma Durkin for Cinderella at Brindabella

7 comments:

Hannah @ Basic Space said...

Congratulations! That is such a beautiful blanket - I love the colours... my best friend is having a baby and the due date is less than a month away... eek! I think I'll do something like this for her :)

Connys Cottage said...

hello,

thats very very lovely.
I like it!


Conny

Penny's Portraits said...

You make such beautiful gifts for people. Congratulations to your sister and her husband and the 2 big sisters! How exciting!

Hannah @ Basic Space said...

Can I ask where you get your Minky from? I couldn't find anything except white, cream, baby pink and baby blue!

Emma said...

Hi Hannah - I bought bolts of minky a few years ago from an American wholesaler for my kids clothing business Little Miss Emma :) As we are moving soon I am going to sell a lot of it though so let me know if you want some! I have red, black, hot pink and lime green.

h. said...

Hi Emma - that'd be great! I'd love some red and black! Will you sell through Etsy/Madeit? I'll link to my google account so you can email if needs be! Thanks :)

Emma said...

@Hannah: I will hopefully measuring all my fabric out that I want to sell next week and putting it all on Craftumi to sell (there's a bit on there at the moment - search for Little Miss Emma) and then I might put it on the blog that it's all for sale, so keep your eyes peeled :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails