Thursday, March 11, 2010

{ New Singer Baby }

On the weekend (after the market and the sitting in flooded traffic for 2 hours) Mr M got me a gift: a bright and shiny new Singer sewing machine! As you might remember, my machine which my mum bought me when I moved out of home died a sad death last week. Now, the new Singer isn't anything fancy but it goes forwards and backwards, which is the general needs for my sewing skills!


And do you spy the fabric samples? I ordered them last week from No Chintz to get some inspiration for my #1 project on the to-do list: curtain for my exposed shelving in the cottage kitchen. I initially liked the candy stripe blue and white, but the blue is not how I imagined so I am swaying towards something like the plain blue linen or the blue stripe on linen (very top sample). I am definitely ordering some of the plain linen for another project on the to-do list. Stay tuned ;)

This image is also my (very late) entry for the Interior Styling February Challange. Click on over to flickr to see some of the other entires, I am starting to get ideas for the March challenge, perhaps I will have that one ready in June?!!

{ Image by Little Miss Emma }


2 comments:

Amanda said...

Ooh how exciting to get a new sewing machine. Hope you're happy with it. Love those samples you ordered, especially the blue/linen one at the top and the patterned floral one at the bottom. Lovely! Look forward to seeing your projects x

Tina said...

Yay to Mr. M!! Love your new Singer and love that photo!!! Happy sewing ~ Tina x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails