Thursday, February 25, 2010

{ Guilty Pleasures }

Well don't I feel guilty for abandoning my blog to actually do some constructive work! Blessedly, my internet ceased to function this morning so I got some serious work done. As boring as I am at the moment I thought I would share with you a snippet of what I've been staring at for the past 72 hours (almost straight!)


I know I've already shared some photos of my friend Courtney's wedding in January - but these ones I was looking at and thought were too pretty not to publicly admire. A few people (who don't know Courtney) have said she resembles Lisa McCune in her wedding photos - what do you think?


For me, it's all in the details - and I loved Courtney's engagement ring, champagne coloured shoes and handbag. She was determined not to be a 'white veil, puffy dress wearing bride'. Mission accomplished. 


The Grand Hotel was a beautiful setting for our pre-ceremony photos, of both the girls and boys. 


When I shoot a wedding my favourite shots are most often the bride getting in her dress (the bridesmaids are always funny) and the newly married couple exiting the ceremony, their first time as husband and wife. Their expressions and body language always say a thousand words.


I knew, went to school with or used to live with most of the bridal party. (And recently holidayed in Tasmania with one bridesmaid!) So it was a fairly relaxed and fun post-ceremony shoot.


Courtney and Brian wanted their wedding and photographs to portray what a classically beautiful and elegant city wedding their day was. I hope I have created what they envisioned!

{ All images by Emma Durkin Photographics }

4 comments:

Tina said...

Oh my Emma!! These photos are STUNNING!! I absolutely love the one with the shoes and handbag:) The bride was so beautiful and the whole day looked so elegant and sophisticated. Congrats to the wonderful couple, and congrats to you on a wonderful job!!! You are so talented ~ Tina x

Amanda said...

What gorgeous photos Emma - you are one talented photographer!! I was actually thinking 'Lisa McCune' before I read your comment :) She looked stunning - love the photo of her getting dressed and the bridal party one. I'm sure she will be so happy to receive her gorgeous photos x

Emma said...

Thankyou Tina and Amanda - after staring and staring and staring at these photos over many hours I start to find them quite ordinary! So it's great to actually hear they're not half bad after all! Courtney, Brian and their families are all very happy with them which makes me happiest.

Susannah said...

Emma these are STUNNING!!! You are so talented! Wow, this will definitely be YOUR year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails