Thursday, December 17, 2009

{ Christmas Day Dresses }

Just like Chantelle over at Fat Mum Slim, I too feel like wearing something new on Christmas Day. Enter the problem: serious spending ban. However, if I were to buy a pretty little something to wear, this is probably what it would be...



We are going to Mr. M's family Christmas Eve at the extended family's beach house in Inverloch, then Christmas lunch to my Mum's about 50 minutes drive away, in my beloved Thorpdale. Need comfy, sit on the lawn to open pressies with Mr. M's niece and nephew kind of dress, comfy to travel in, look super stunning at formal Christmas lunch at my mum's {obviously more stunning than my sisters, isn't Christmas lovely?!} and then fall asleep in a beanbag after stuffed full of turkey, ham and plum pudding, gracefully of course, with my nieces bashing me on the head with some sort of new inflatable toy.

All of this of course - if I wasn't on a mass spending ban. Ho hum.

Do you like to wear something pretty/new/special on Christmas day? Or do you end up wearing your pajama's all day? Does your family just play cricket on the beach so thongs and boardies are worn, or do you do a full traditional lunch and a nice shirt or dress is required?

I'd love to hear how you and your family celebrate Christmas and what sort of dress code is adhered to!

{ All dresses found on Polyvore }

6 comments:

Chantelle {fat mum slim} said...

I love your picks. They're very cute, and great for Christmas.

I hear you on the budget though. Makes shopping not so fun! :)

Emma said...

Makes shopping very depressing :( Oh well

Anonymous said...

I love to dress up! But I'm with you, the delemma of finding something that is good for all occasions is the trick. I usually end up dressing up and loving it, then looking like a bit of a tool, coz everyone else is in short and thongs! As long as I have fun...... right??
:)

Emma said...

Agreed Flick. Mr M's family and my family do two very different Christmas's too so need to find the balance! OR 2 different outfits which I'm sure is not in my budget...haha

The House That A-M Built said...

Oh I love every one of them. At my stage of life, I'm afraid, I will be in comfy white linen... with an apron on.. spending most of my day in the kitchen, hosting my Mum's 70th. The idea of having someone serve me turkey and then falling asleep in a bean bag is just heaven.... enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! A-M xx

Emma said...

Oh AM you sound like my poor mum, bless her little busy soul, such a mother hen with her three daughters, son, two son-in-laws, daughter-in-law and four granddaughters flying in from all over the country/globe. We wouldn't mind if we had vegemite on toast for Christmas lunch but of course Mum feeds us all up appropriately and decks the halls with all the trimmings! Nothing makes her happier than stuffing us full of food!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails