Tuesday, August 18, 2009

{ Tuesday's Object of Desire }

Tuesday already???!

This weeks Object of Desire is a great vintage find from {where else} etsy. Featured on etsy's front page yesterday, it is from seller SmallEarthVintage. I couldn't help imagining packing my little bits and bobs into this gorgeous Samsonite beauty case for a weekend home to visit family in Gippsland.


Living away from family and friends means that a lot of weekends we will be packing our overnight bags and hitting the road. A few weeks ago my trusty beauty case finally died - zip broken, split side, very sad. I was going to ask my mum to buy me a new one for my birthday {in October!} but it is simply too far away!


I love the bright blue, I need a bright pop of colour to cheer me up and drag me out of winter hibernation! Spring here I come. I am trying to get some semblence of a white and blue crisp theme happening in our bathroom and I think this vintage piece sitting on my vanity would fit the bill nicely! Just one question: will it fit my hair straightener....?

1 comment:

Karen/Small Earth Vintage said...

Thanks for featuring my train case, Emma! :) I have the pink version of this same case, and I love it. The old Samsonite can be heavy to tote around (especially the larger suitcases), but it's sturdy.

I love your blog--looking forward to seeng pictures of your blue and white bathroom!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails