Wednesday, August 12, 2009

{ Paint! Glorious Paint! }


As I've mentioned before, the cottage is getting a new lease on life - a lick of paint! At the moment it is a very faded blue colour, originally it was probably a deep, navy blue but I don't think it's been painted in about 20 years!

Ideally I want the cottage painted something like Dulux's Whisper White, but because the blue is so dark the amount of paint that would be required { $ } would be immense to cover it! So, at the moment my heart is set on Hog Bristle {also from Dulux}.


The above photo is of a room painted in Antique White USA {Dulux again} - which is the colour I would like for the entire interior. At the moment the living area/kitchen is painted a cream colour with too much yellow in it, with the ceilings in the same colour. In the bedrooms the walls are the same cream colour, but the ceilings are white. The bathroom is a powder blue colour, the laundry is a colour similar to Hog Bristle and Matt's office is an orange/yellow colour! I can't wait to have the whole house a blank white canvas!

1 comment:

Material Girls said...

not sure if you've bought the paint yet but pascall is cheaper (and just as good) and can colour match to any sample... i'm contemplating painting at the moment and this is the hot tip from my tradey dad!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails