Saturday, August 1, 2009

{ Craft Studio Mood Board }


I absolutley love makingitlovely.com, I can't wait for a new post to appear in my reader from Nicole. I am in awe of how she puts things together in her home. I don't particularly subscribe to a lot of her style (I'm a bit more rustic/whimsical/not as modern) but it just works so well together. Nicole does amazing mood boards for her many projects she undertakes in overhauling her new home. I thought I'd give it a try... Click on the image above to see a larger version.

I am slowly taking over the spare bedroom to totally be devoted to my Little Miss Emma creations. My must-have, big-ticket item is a high bench to cut fabric on like the Stenstorp kitchen island from Ikea. I bought the gateleg table as a bit of a sewing station but have found it not high enough to cut on but good for sewing on (can reach the pedal whereas on a high bench you couldn't).

I didn't want it to be too pink so I think just a pop of colour with the raspberry chandelier (from etsy seller MyFinch) and some pink prints (from etsy seller HadleyHutton) would do the trick. Everything else is a bit too Ikea-inspired I'm finding?? I would like a French inspired Louis chair but thought that a swivel chair on wheels would be more useful? And just so happens that Ikea has one I like! Hmmm...not sure, looks too much like an Ikea catalogue?

The whole house is getting painted in the next month - inside and out - and I want the interior to be Antique White USA by Dulux. I'll be posting about paint colours soon though...

2 comments:

material girl said...

I like this mood board! i'm moving in with my boyfriend next month and also have grand visions to take over the spare room for crafting purposes :) good luck!

Emma said...

My boyfriend is starting to wonder why pieces of furniture are disappearing out of the spare bedroom...in antipication of my Stenstorp bench!!! hehehe Good luck moving in with your other half ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails