Thursday, August 27, 2009

{ Cow Art }

I would very much like to get some 'cow art'. I know. What the hell am I thinking? But if I find the right piece it will work very well with my modern rustic farmhouse. {Is that what I'm calling it?!}


This fireplace setting works well with the pale brickwork, woven basket, blonde wood chair and natural carpet. That mantle is a beautiful piece of wood, as is our magnificent mantle in the cottage {that I am yet to post photos of, I know, I know, bad blogger}.

Meanwhile, some livestock images I am quite fond of...

Top to bottom via
Tamara Watson,
Susannah Tucker,
Allison Trentelman

It is proving hard to find something I like which features the black Angus cattle which we run here at Ythanbrae though - a lot of photographers/artists tend to focus on the Friesian or Hereford cows. A lot of the photos or paintings I'm drawn to though are more landscapes rather than portraits? Perhaps I am playing it safe? I do love Sharon Montrose's work though. Now there's a portrait of a sheep, a goat, a goose, a deer...


{via Sharon Montrose}

Okay, so I confess. I may already have some 'cow art'. This piece below {illustration?} came with the cottage, it was hanging on a wall in the empty house when we moved in, so I feel that the cottage sort of 'owns' it, which is nice. I love the frame, but the illustration is just a page out of a magazine I think and is all crinkled. It's not much of a statement piece which is what I would like above the fireplace, but am worried that I am getting too obsessed with images of cows, goats, chooks and geese and my house will look like a crazy menagerie!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails