Tuesday, July 7, 2009

{ They all come home to roost... }

I got to work Monday morning to open up a facebook message from my sister's boyfriend in London. My sister Louise was due to fly back to London from a six month stint working in the jungles of Madagascar (she is a research scientist of sorts). Due to visa stipulations she was turned around at Heathrow and promptly put on the next flight back to Melbourne! Thank heavens she wasn't sent back to where she came from (Nairobi, Kenya) where the Australian consulate would have had to sort the whole mess out, and she would have been detained in a Kenyan jail no doubt.

I haven't seen Lou in almost two years - the last time she was home was for my 21st bithday as a surprise guest appearance, and since then I have graduated from uni, moved to Ythanbrae with Matt and have a whole new life she's not used to. We both used to be uni students in Melbourne, she half expects me to be at the ready for an impromtu coffee break or midnight burger run but alas I now live a few hours away. She is also yet to meet two of our four nieces who have been born since she was last on Oz soil!

This photo is of us and Matt at Wilsons Prom in October 2007, the last time I saw her. I am going home to Thorpdale this Friday to see her - can't wait!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails