Saturday, February 6, 2010

{ Bon Voyage! And thank-you... }

I am off on a two week holiday to beautiful Tasmania.

Mr M and I planned this trip last year for this time in February but obviously other events happened and we never made it. We are taking our trusty Hilux with the canopy on the back, we sleep in our double swag in the back and have lots of camping, hiking, 4wding adventures. Mr M has worked very hard preparing us for our trip - a new 40 litre water tank installed under the ute so I can have fresh drinking water on tap (yay!), a new table welded up that attaches to the back of the ute (very fancy, hinged and all), a new awning zip on for the canvas canopy (touch wood it won't rain) AND the most exciting part: a hot water unit we are borrowing from Mr M's sister and brother-in-law, meaning hot showers! 

I am most looking forward to the beautiful scenery, fun with friends (we're going with another couple we went to school with) and seeing the history of Tasmania - it is all so much older than mainland Australia. Richmond and Hobart I can't wait for, antique shops especially!


Thank-you for all your wonderfully supportive comments from my Black Saturday post yesterday. I was very undecided about whether to write on the topic or not. As much as we need to remember, a lot of people (myself included) just don't want to hear about those horrible weeks anymore. The media over-exposure has been horrendous. Every time I hear something about the fires on the radio or TV I try to turn it off. Bringing it up makes it extremely hard for people to move forward, they are becoming stuck in a time warp where they can't go back to how things were but they can't go forward. I know some may say it helps to talk about it but honestly it has been talked and talked and talked about, which I think is doing more harm than good. One of our friends from the CFA explained it very eloquently I think: 

"I'm looking forward to Monday. On Monday it will be in the past, 12 months and one day. The further we get away from that date the easier it gets." 

I couldn't agree more.

Over the next two weeks I will be trying to post some random photos of our travels around the Apple Isle from my iPhone. Bon Voyage!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

How lovely that you and your husband are going to Tasmania! It is such a lovely place for a self-drive holiday and 2 weeks is a great length of time. My husband and I did a similar trip in 2008 and we loved every minute of it. Such a relaxing place to be with so many wonderful little towns to stop in along your travels. Richmond was lovely as was a little town called Ross who have the best bakery ever. There were some good antiques shops in Latrobe too if you head that way. Enjoy yourself and I'll look forward to your posts while you're there :)

Tina said...

Hi Emma - your trip sounds fantastic!!! Your Mr M sounds very handy doing all those modifications to the truck - Wow!! I have not been to Tasmania but have always wanted to go. I am so looking forward to seeing your pics. Have a wonderful time :) Enjoy those antique shops, hope you find some lovely treasures!! - Tina xx

Andy Quirks said...

Wow, it looks so much fun and you guys are so prepared! I wish I could have my boyfriend do all those work for a trip as well.

Lovin your blog dear. follow, follow!

xoxo,
andyquirks.blogspot.com

Kellie Collis said...

I have not been there but i have heard so many wonderful things! x

Dallas Shaw said...

gorgeous
dallas
http://dillydallas..blogspot.com

material girl said...

have a wonderful trip!

Chantelle {fat mum slim} said...

I hope you are having a lovely time. I look forward to the photos.

We've always wanted to visit Tasmania. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails