Tuesday, December 15, 2009

{ Tuesday's Object of Desire }

I have recently rediscovered Ezibuy. My mum used to get the catalogues and I'd love flicking through them when I was a kid. It's especially great for women and families living in rural areas who don't get to Melbourne/Sydney/Brisbane very often so can order through the catalogue. Going shopping to Melbourne when I was a little girl was a whole day experience where Mum would drag my sister and I around Bridge Road or Daimaru at Melbourne Central to get the right clothes and school shoes that were going to last us until the next expedition.

I am pretty conscious of not decorating the cottage too 'girly' - since living with Mr M I have had to let go of a lot of my feminine touches, which doesn't bother me at all, I don't want him to be living in 'my house'. It's our home, it should reflect us both. {Although I do try and keep the model tractors and truck photos in his office...sometimes unsuccessfully}.




I digress. I'm pretty sure when I was last familiar with Ezibuy they had very dated homewares, or perhaps I was just 12 and thought that everything seemed very 'grandma?' Whatever the case, I love this quilt. Our spare bedroom is my pink oasis. The master bedroom I wouldn't put too much pink/floral in, but the spare bedroom/my little crafty studio I would love to be very pretty, but not too wishy-washy - punchy girly! Bright pinks and greens rather than pastels.

Too bad I am on a serious spending ban due to unemployment *ahem* self-employment...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I lurve it!
I am going to do the same thing (make the study/guest room girly!).
Typos girly range of stationery is my muse.
I'll send you a pic of the colours

Wait until boxing day and I bet it will be heaps cheaper :P

What do you use for your photo editing?

Emma said...

Hi Nicky, I use photoshop for all my photo editing.

Thanks,
Em

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails