Sunday, December 20, 2009

{ Emerson Made }

Love, love, love all these feminine flowers. Emerson Made makes beautiful flower corsages, rosebud lapel pins, giant dahlias, for weddings, for everyday. Cute wrapping inspiration too.







I love the name Emerson - although is that weird considering my name is Emma? Perhaps.

I was going to be called Emmett if I were a boy {my grandfathers middle name}. I think my parents were quite taken aback that I was a girl after two daughters before me! To me, Emmett is such a strong, yet kind, male name. Growing up I hated being called Emma, I had two other Emma's at all times in my classes and it was so 'plain jane'. But now I love it - it is such a pity that name's get so popular, if Emma wasn't so popular it wouldn't have lost its shine as much. My sister hates the fact that Ava was the most popular girls baby name for 2008! My poor niece will go to school with five other Ava's no doubt.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are lovely, it does add that feminine touch! Those peachy coloured ones are the sweetest I think. If it is any consolation, I knew a lot of Emmas when I was 'younger' but now I only know one! So maybe not as common anymore... all Emmas have dispersed evenly throughout the world! I love the name Emma too. And I use the name Flick, but is really Felicity, and hated it as a child because it was too unusual! Mum wanted me to be Meredith... I don't think so!
:)

mimi charmante said...

They are gorgeous - thanks for sharing! Your blog is fabulous - so happy I found it!
xx

Emma said...

@Flick: That is so ironic - I went to school with a 'Flick' (Felicity) and so much wanted that to be my name!
@Mimi: Welcome! I love it when people stumble across me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails