Wednesday, October 14, 2009

{ My Purple Patch }

As promised. Lovely lavender photos! I planted these at our old house {where we first lived for 6 months when we moved to Yea} and then dug them up and Mr M's sister lovingly re-planted them here at the cottage. They have taken off! Probably tripled in size, except for one little one that hasn't seemed to grow much at all but still has beautiful flowers. The variety is 'Avonview' and I think it is an Italian type of lavender, correct me if I'm wrong.

Forgive me, but I couldn't narrow it down to less than these photos...









When I started my garden I was in the mindset that I had so much pink in my home and I was trying to tone it down a bit. So what is the result? A totally purple garden! There other colours you know Emma... I especially love my deep purple pansies, they remind me of a dark velvet, I've brightened these photos a bit to see some detail but they are almost black! Black flowers - I think that's cool.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails