Tuesday, September 1, 2009

{ So much to do... }


I have been inspired by the great {Melbournian!} blog bijoukaleidoscope. I love the to-do list on the sidebar that is slowly but surely being ticked off. It made me think about not only all the things I want to do to the cottage, but all the half-finished craft projects I have, all the minky blankets I need to sew, all the canvas's I need to construct and all the photos I need to take for my etsy store.

I will start with what I want to do around the cottage. So, {deep breath} here goes...

- interior and exterior painted

- deck replaced

- sand and paint exterior and wallpaper inside of a wardrobe that we have currently sitting in our shed, to go in our bedroom

- buy new leather couch and have ceremonial burning of the much hated current couch!

- switch over the lounge/dining areas

- reupholster my grandmothers chair to go by the fireplace {what fabric?}

- see if it's possible to get art deco sideboard of Mr M's grandparents restored {apparently not}

- rearrange spare bedroom to accomodate both a craft studio for me and a still a spare room for guests, all in a tiny room!

- get more storage {cupboard?} for bathroom

- new mirror/s and artwork for bathroom

- put full length mirror from our bedroom above the mantle {if possible, very heavy}

- make skirt to hide open shelving which serves as my pantry in my teeny-tiny kitchen

The problem lies in the fact that I don't want to start any of this until the cottage is painted! Hurry up painters! And the fact that I work a 45 hour week at the dreaded day job...plus run my photography business...plus run Little Miss Emma Designs...ho hum. 

{ Image by Little Miss Emma }

2 comments:

kadler said...

That is quite a list! Good luck with everything (and can't wait to see pics!)

Emma said...

It is quite the list - daunting to see it all but therapautic to write lists I find! The builders arrived today to start on the deck and the painters are starting tomorrow, hurray progress!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails