Thursday, June 11, 2009

{ Ah the inspiration... }

This is what I want! My own little space for my sewing/creating/painting and organising of all my fabrics, canvas, ribbon and mini-pegs that are floating around our poor little cottage. Ideally I want to totally devote the spare bedroom into a whole room for my craftiness, but alas I'm not sure whether this is possible due to us needing a spare bed for guests, and it's such a small space that a whole bed takes up most of the room. I am hoping that Matt will like the idea of getting a sofa bed when we buy a new couch? Then I could possibly get rid of the bed...


I love the little rail above the desk with fabric swatches hanging off it, I might see if I can fashion something similar above my little sewing desk, or why don't I just use one of my own peg-board designs? Hmmm...I have bought an ikea shelf that I want to put up but am unsure of what my limits are with a rented house? I'm finding it really hard to try and do all the things I want to because we don't own the house :( I'm off to google 'renters design nightmare' now...




AND - the table above was MADE by the very talented springchick (see her inspiring blog here). Oh lordy how I am drooling over this amazing workspace! It is high enough to cut fabric, something that I very quickly learnt is so important after purchasing my Ikea Norden gateleg craft table and it being too low! Springchick's table was made using Ikea kitchen benches (ingenius!) and spruced up with mdf moulding, top, a shower curtain (yep!) for the top and custom cut glass. This has CONVINCED me that I need a rail to hang fabric/wrapping paper and will possibly put my gateleg table on little legs to lift it a bit??? Oh if only I had the space for such a table *sigh*

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails